The Grand Central Church of Christ held her first Sunday morning assembly on March 30, 1952. There are few charter members who remain but their efforts, and those of the thousands who have been a part of her history, continue to serve as a source of encouragement and inspiration. Those charter members were a part of a church plant by the 34th Street Church of Christ (now 36th Street), an intentional effort to expand the influence of God’s kingdom and spread the good news of salvation in Jesus Christ throughout our area.
On April 1, 2012 the Grand Central will celebrate her 60th year of existence. It is a chance to look back and see how God has blessed his people and reflect on how we have sought to fulfill Jesus’ great commission (Matthew 28:18-20). Such a time should not be relegated to a simple, nostalgic exercise. This landmark in time also affords an opportunity to collectively develop and recommit to a vision for how we will pursue God’s mission for the future.
If you are able to serve on the 60th Anniversary Team please contact the office (304-295-5116 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or fill out the form that appears below.